Game 169 - Colorado Rockies at Oakland Athletics

July 1 at O.Co Coliseum in Oakland, CA
CSN

Unfortunately I can't find all of my notes from this game (notes theft?!), but I know Jesse Hahn allowed one run in six innings in Oakland's 4-1 victory, and play-by-play man Glen Kuiper gave the Seattle/San Diego score eight different times.

Eight!

A pair of fourth-place teams with only minor relevance to either the A's or the Rockies (divisional opponent, I guess?).

What's the score, Glen?!




Well, what's the score now, Glen?!


Non-baseball Phrase, by Ray Fosse

"America's birthday"


UPDATE: 7/8/15

Found a bit more of what I wrote during this game, but it's just some more Fosse:

"If you're lucky enough to get to this level you want to stay as long as you can." (Thanks, Ray)
"It's a difficult sport." (I don't believe you)
"It's not easy." (OK, I believe you)
"You get 3 of 10 hits, you're a superstar." (No)

And finally, this:

"A perfect game says everything about that one thing: perfect."


Seriously, great to have you in the booth, Ray.

No comments:

Post a Comment