Game 179 - Milwaukee Brewers at Los Angeles Dodgers

July 12 at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, CA
Fox Sports Wisconsin

This was a special game for me because I realized Bill Schroeder is a Milwaukee commentator. Seeing Schroeder might not mean much to many people, but it's always special to put a face with the guy you always pinch hit for in RBI Baseball.

Schroeder plays for the American League All Star team and though his numbers are good (.332/.379/.548 for the Brewers in 1987), the AL bench, which includes 49-home run Mark McGwire, is excellent. You have to get someone off that bench and into your lineup, and since you can't make any pre-game changes, Schroeder isn't merely jettisoned to the bench. I'm not sure I've ever given Billy a single at bat. He might be a great hitter, but I don't think we (Bill Schroeder and I) will ever find out.

That's probably the last time I'll ever use the word jettisoned.

No comments:

Post a Comment