Games 261 & 262 - Toronto Bluejays at New York Yankees

September 12 at Yankee Stadium in Bronx, NY
Fox/YES Network

In case any children or elderly ever stumble upon this site, I'd like to keep most of my comments on this doubleheader sweep by the Bluejays to myself.

I would like to say one thing: the top of the 11th inning of game one was the worst half-inning of the season for the Yankees, and perhaps the last 2 or 3 seasons. I didn't ask any New York players or coaches if they felt the same way, but I'm quite sure they felt the same way.

Here's how it went:

Bryan Mitchell pitching

Four-pitch walk
HBP
Walk
[accidental strike out] 

Chasen Shreve pitching

Bases loaded walk, 6-5 Toronto
[accidental strike out. Kevin Pillar swung at everything, and everything was a ball]
Single, 7-5
Bases loaded walk, 8-5
Bases loaded walk, 9-5

Nick goody pitching

[accidental ground out to first base]

No comments:

Post a Comment